Rechercher dans ce blog

Thursday, May 13, 2021

Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Watch Active4 will run Wear OS, won't support blood sugar reading - comments - GSMArena.com

doro.indah.link

p

  • pt020
  • ncr

RiGo001, 3 hours agoWell said! Totally agree with your statement. The 6 year old S2 watches still get updates and ... moreAlso my S3 and Galaxy watch work as new.

1

  • 1var
  • 0Bj

No shazam, whatsapp images, video etc..

H264

nooo Tizen was so good efficent and smooth with no lag. wear os is just laggy and not well developed. the battery will probably be worse caus of wear os

R2

Samsung user, 6 hours agoWelp just got a watch 3 then this news came. What an absolute sick move samsung. Tizen is ok n... moreWell said! Totally agree with your statement. The 6 year old S2 watches still get updates and run smoothly.

R2

I've gone through 3 Wear OS watches. Mostly because they weren't supported once new OS software was released. Supposedly the hardware couldn't handle the OS (even though the Sony SmartWatch was one of the devices used to test the software)

My wife has the Gear S2 Classic and the Gear S2 sport( about 6 years old). I have the Gear S3 Frontier LTE (5years old). All of them have continued to get software updates even up until last week. Sometimes even gaining features the newer watches have.

To me Tizen still runs smoother than the demo model Wear OS watches I've looked at. I also find the basic apps on the Galaxy watches are fine enough. Extra apps aren't really necessary for me at least.

?

  • Anonymous
  • Iw3

Adegbenro, 5 hours agoTime will tell whether this is a good move on Samsung's part. I've used 3 Samsung sm... moreYep, Apple's sensors and implementation are much more accurate for real exercise than Samsung's (or any of the Chinese brands).

I was hoping for a glucose reading capability and would have bought Samsung for it, but without it, there is no compelling reason to do so. Apple is introducing it 2022 on the Apple Watch.

A463

Time will tell whether this is a good move on Samsung's part. I've used 3 Samsung smart watches and still have my Watch Active 2. However I've barely used it since I bought an Apple Watch 6 seven months ago. Moving forward it's likely I'll stick with Apple Watches. The Galaxy Watch 3 was a big disappointment for me. I didn't buy it and the rest is history

?

  • Anonymous
  • myR

yuka, 11 hours agoSo this is the end of the road between me and Samsung smartwatches. There's no way i coul... moreSee the truth is you really aren't that interesting. Google isn't sat there with a team monitoring what you do 24 hours a day.

Really bugs me when people spout this kind of stuff.

?

  • Anonymous
  • ppv

Joe, 9 hours agoTo me this is Samsung giving up on Smartwatches and I won't be buying another Samsung wat... moreLag belongs to the past for Wear OS watches with 1GB RAM and even more for watches that will be soon running on the much faster Snapdragon 4100 platform.
Samsung smartwatch users may perceive a switch from a home-brewed OS as a betrayal of their loyalty, but in the mid- to long term this is a win-win for both Samsung (that can save development costs on Tizen; it gets them nowhere in the smartphone game) and Google (that finally can give Wear OS the visibility and market share that needs to make things moving again).
Considering that Samsung tried to replace Android with Tizen on their smartphones and failed, switching to Wear OS from Tizen for smartwatches is streamlining, rather than a misstep.

?

  • Anonymous
  • qI1

I think most people on this comment section are delusional. My biggest problem with Samsung Watches is the lack of third party apps. Having Google will literally fix that and yes, if you are one of those narcissists that thinks your so important that Google "spying" on you is a problem than I am sure, your not gonna like it. Fact is, Samsung is addressing a problem and any one with a brain that keeps up with Samsung knows that their goal is to close the gap between Apple, with how well Apple does their continuity.
I am personally looking forward to this watch and I am very stoked. Probably gonna be the best Smart Watch I ever owned. Better than those lame little square, gizmo-like watches that Apple puts out.

?

  • Anonymous
  • puk

How is Always-On Display on Galaxy watches? Almost all Always-On modes I've seen on smartwatches looked horrible compared to Always-On display on Apple Watch 5. What I mean is that on Apple Watch, whatever dial you have selected, when display dims a bit to save power, it still remains nearly identical to the fully lit watch face. Hands are the same, structure of dial is the same, all the complications are the same and in color, almost nothing changes really. But most others shift the watch face from detailed one into ultra simplified "white outline" one that looks nothing like fully lit one. Checked bunch of Youtube videos and they all just glance over this feature, not really showcasing it fully. Any info on that or even maybe a leak about Galaxy Watch 4 improving in this regard? Galaxy Watch seems like the best alternative and I like it's traditional design, but if it does this simplified outline crap for always-on display I'd be super annoyed by it.

S

  • Samsung user
  • uSM

Welp just got a watch 3 then this news came. What an absolute sick move samsung. Tizen is ok no need to dump it for some os that its assistant is broken. Tbh i am not barely using bixby at all. No need to switch for wear os bec TIZEN. USERS. ARE. FINE. WITH. IT. as flossy says "its a watch, calm down bro. Calm down"

?

  • Anonymous
  • S6p

I have galaxy watch 46mm and the battery life is about 2 days and there is battery saver mode which gives huge runtime even if only 15 percent is left and even using it only as watch mode it can give that last 5 percent huge uptime.

Watch is very snappy and i like that rotating bezel for using the watch.

Shame that Samsung is ditching tizen os for android wear with bad battery life. Could they even use their rotating bezel with it?

Well truth to be told this probably is my last smart watch, i am going to upgrade to smart/ar glasses which gives notifications and when those will get better i could watch youtube with huge display in front of me. Facebook is releasing smart glasses september and ar glasses later with very low price.

?

  • Anonymous
  • kjR

Looking forward to the Watch4. I CAN'T stand Tizen and so I've never given much thought to the galaxy watches. To me the Galaxy watches are by far the best looking smart watches on the market and now that they will run on a hopefully improved WearOS, I will be the first in line to pick one up.

R

  • Robin1962
  • ke5

This would have been my first smartwatch if it had the glucose reading... now I'll buy the Ticwatch Pro 3 and pair it to my cgm device.
So very disappointed

Y

  • Yes man
  • m5@

Finally we we all be buying the new Samsung watch backed by google OS. Nice one Samsung

26943

Joe, 9 hours agoTo me this is Samsung giving up on Smartwatches and I won't be buying another Samsung wat... moreThe same for me ! I own a Gear S3 and just bought a brand new Watch 3 and after reading this Samsung can go F themselves because I am not going to buy another watch from them. Wear OS is one of the worst OS in the world. Tizen is not perfect but it's light years ahead of ShitOS.

P934

  • Poh
  • AbH

I hope they bring back MST for Samsung Pay. So useful more useful that relying solely on NFC.

J

  • Joe
  • gxu

To me this is Samsung giving up on Smartwatches and I won't be buying another Samsung watch. I have a Samsung watch 3 and have owned every Samsung watch since the Samsung watch 1. I've also owned lots of Wear OS watches and gave up on them after the Fossil Watch Gen 5 due to awful lag. Terrible move by Samsung.

y5424

  • yuka
  • nK3

So this is the end of the road between me and Samsung smartwatches. There's no way i could have a watch with Google stuff inside. I'm tired of their constant spying and surely don't want my every move and health data to be uploaded to Google's servers and then to be sold to who wants to buy them. NO WAY.




May 13, 2021 at 07:03AM
https://ift.tt/3hnWuyX

Samsung Galaxy Watch4 and Watch Active4 will run Wear OS, won't support blood sugar reading - comments - GSMArena.com

https://ift.tt/2O3clnm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Latest iPhone 13 Dummies Again Show New Diagonal Dual-Lens Camera Arrangement Coming to Standard Model - MacRumors

doro.indah.link More dummy models of the upcoming iPhone 13 have been shared online, this time by leaker DuanRui , indicating the new diag...

Popular Posts